A lakefront home should offer clear views of the water, an easily accessed shoreline, and a completely utilized backyard space. Recently, we had a client in Plymouth, Minnesota come to us wanting a custom lakefront landscaping makeover to enhance their backyard space as well as the overlook.
Despite the overgrown foliage and old wooden walkways, our landscaping experts saw the potential this property had to become a spacious and stunning backyard. Our landscape team was able to enhance the usable space, add a seating area overlooking the water, and deliver the gorgeous views these homeowners had envisioned. Continue reading and find out how we took their vision and brought it to life with our custom lakefront landscaping.
- Removed overgrown trees to expose the view of the lake
- Removed the wooden walkways and unkempt brush to create usable space
- Repaired and updated existing decks on the home
- Installed a paver walkway with stone steps between the home and yard
- Built a sitting area at the top of the hill
- Created a custom hillside landscape with stone steps and accent boulders
- Installed new sod, plants, mulch, and edging for a clean, finished look
Prior to construction, our design experts:
- Met with the client to discuss their vision and expectations
- Outlined our design-build capabilities and established a budget and timeline
- Rendered a 3D design of the new custom landscaping
Did our latest backyard transformation inspire your next project? Upgrade your landscaping with a custom Spear’s Landscape design. Contact us to get started.