Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- White rice for serving
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and honey until completely combined. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Build skewers by alternating chicken, pineapple, peppers, and red onion. Place on a baking sheet and pour over half your marinade.
- Place skewers on preheated grill, and brush with reserved marinade. Cook five minutes and flip, brushing the other side with marinade as well.
- Cook five more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with white rice and a sprinkle of cilantro