Grilled Steaks with Garlic Chive Butter and French-Style Potato Salad
- 1 ½ lb. small red potatoes
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. minced chives, divided
- ½ small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, halved lengthwise, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 10-oz. NY strip steaks, halved
- Bring medium pot of water to a boil and add potatoes. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender, then drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into quarters.
- In small bowl, stir together butter, 1 tablespoon chives, shallot, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In large bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, then slowly whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add in potatoes, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, basil, and green onions and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat lightly oiled grill pan over high heat, and season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Place dollop of chive butter on each steak and let rest a few minutes, then serve with potato salad.