Barbecue Chicken with Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs and thighs (connected)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat grill over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill on a lightly oiled grate for 15 minutes, turning once, until nicely charred. Baste chicken with 1 cup barbecue sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill 15 minutes more, then baste with remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce. Cover and grill 15 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Make spread: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together margarine, lime zest and juice, chili powder, and cumin. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- About 15 minutes before chicken is done, rub corn with half the chili-lime spread and season with salt and pepper. Cover and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, 15 minutes.
- Dollop corn with more chili-lime spread and serve with barbecue chicken and lime.